The roofing contractors market has grown steadily in recent years, outpacing the US economy overall. All this growth means massive opportunity for roofing companies, but also significant competition. In order to compete with other roofing companies and succeed in the industry, you must invest in proven marketing efforts and build out a plan that includes both short-term and long-term marketing strategies.
Knocking on doors is largely a thing of the past. The world of marketing today is complex and ever-evolving. To help you get started, our roofing marketing company put together this blog post with some of our favorite roofing marketing strategies and ideas… Let’s dive in!
10 Roofing Marketing Ideas to Sell More Roofs
- Target your ideal customer: No matter what kind of business you have, it’s important to develop a messaging strategy and brand that speaks directly to your ideal customer. What is the problem that your customer is facing? How can you guide them to a solution to that problem? A targeted messaging strategy will guide all of your roofing marketing efforts and ensure they are consistent and on-brand, so it’s a great place to start.
- Create an engaging, SEO-optimized website: Once you’ve developed your brand messaging, you can create an engaging website that’s designed to convert leads. In order to compete on Google and other search engines, you need the website to be SEO-optimized around relevant keywords. If you invest in SEO early on, you can start building authority and credibility right from the start.
- Build out sales funnels: Once you have the basic building blocks for your website in place, you can start building out targeted landing pages and lead magnets to engage potential customers who aren’t quite ready to make an appointment. Lead magnets are informational resources or promotional offers that potential customers can request in exchange for their contact information. You can set up an automated series of emails to deliver the free resource and nurture these leads.
- Invest in paid advertising to generate more leads: If you need more calls coming through in the short term, paid advertising through Google or Facebook is a solid strategy. It’s also a good opportunity to do some testing and get to know your audience a bit more. Ideally, you should link up your ads with the landing page and sales funnel in order to capture more leads and build out your email list.
- Leverage the power of customer reviews: Client reviews are absolutely essential, especially for roofing companies. In 2021, nearly nine out of ten (89 percent) consumers read reviews before buying products or services. And hiring a roofing contractor is a big decision that consumers do not take lightly. Roofing companies should do everything they can to generate more customer reviews and monitor their reviews closely. Don’t censor your reviews but take time to respond thoughtfully to both positive and negative reviews you receive.
- Go beyond digital marketing: Although most of the ideas on this list are forms of digital marketing, there are other forms of marketing that should not be discounted. For example, if your crew spends a lot of time on the road, you may want to consider vehicle advertising– as it’s a highly cost-effective form of advertising. Vehicle wrap advertising can make your roofing business appear more professional, which bolsters trust and improve your brand awareness at the same time.
- Maintain an active presence on social media: Posting regularly on social media will help your roofing business stay top of mind for your audience. It also helps build trust, as many potential customers check out a business’ social media pages before hiring a service provider to ensure they’re legit. Post photos of your crew in action, your completed jobs, etc.
- Email marketing: A regular newsletter (perhaps monthly) is another great way to stay top of mind for your customers. You can share promotional offers, seasonal discounts, and information about roofing that is valuable to your customers and potential customers. This could be roof maintenance tips, information on when to replace your roof, how long different roofing jobs take, etc. Blog posts are also great to share in your newsletters!
- Use blog content to rank for keywords: A blog can help with SEO, allowing you to rank for important keywords and improve your site authority. For example, people might be searching on Google for answers to questions like, “Is it necessary to clean your roof?” If you write a great blog post on this topic, they might find your website and decide to hire you for roofing services– or keep you in mind for when the time comes to replace or repair their roof.
- Get listed on online directories: It’s also important to build out your online presence, as many people look for roofing companies on sites like Yelp or home improvement directories like Angi.
These roofing marketing ideas are really just the tip of the iceberg. Consult with our team for even more ideas and opportunities!
Marketing Ideas for Commercial Roofing Companies
If you’re looking to get more commercial roofing leads, a referral program can help. Customers that come from referrals tend to have higher levels of trust, leading them to spend more money and be more loyal to your roofing company in the long run. But you can’t just sit back and hope for referrals, you have to directly ask your happy customers for referrals– you can even incentivize them with a special reward or discount.
Other marketing strategies to consider for commercial roofing lead generation include canvassing, telemarketing, direct mail, and backlinking. You also need to make sure that you are easy to contact and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
The Importance of Roofing Internet Marketing
The internet has changed the way the world does business. Although it’s important to develop a varied marketing strategy, in this day in age, digital marketing reigns supreme. Not only is digital marketing more cost-effective than many other forms of advertising (billboards break the bank!), but it also provides an opportunity for more targeted outreach than traditional advertising. Digital marketing can also help your roofing business generate more brand awareness, improve customer engagement and retention, generate a steady stream of leads, and stay top-of-mind for your customers.
Get Specialized Roofing Company Marketing Ideas & Support!
Overall, one of the best things you can do for your roofing company is to seek out specialized marketing support– AKA a marketing company that has prior experience working with roofing companies and knows the ins and outs of the industry. This way, you won’t waste your hard-earned money on trial-and-error marketing, but rather invest in tried-and-tested strategies.
Ridge Cap Marketing specializes in planning, developing, and implementing profitable, cost-effective marketing initiatives for residential and commercial roofing and contracting businesses. Request a quote today to learn more about our marketing packages and take your roofing business to new heights!